Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perfection? No.

As many of you know, I've been working as a 3D visualization artist for many years.  One of the first things I learned when building objects and creating textures is that perfection equals fakery.  Now translate this into looking more deeply into our relationships: personal, business and otherwise.  If you know someone who's never made a mistake, never failed, never REALLY screwed up; it's likely that person is a fake, a liar.

Give me blemishes and imperfections, failures and second-place finishes!  Without them we remain shallow, weak, without personality and lacking in compassion and empathy.  I want to base my deep friendships not on perfect people, but on broken, injured people with hearts that speak to me and with minds that, though sharp, exude kindness.  Honestly, I fight with showing my weaknesses every minute I'm awake - not wanting to open myself to disappointment and heartbreak - but what is life then?  After all, a year of sunny days is a draught.

No comments:

Post a Comment